- Elite ITU World Triathlon Series Champion
- Elite ITU World Long Distance Triathlon Champion
- Twice nominated - Halberg NZ Sportswoman of the Year
- Masters of Sport Coaching, University of Queensland 2013
- Bachelor of Physical Education & Diploma in Teaching
- Triathlon NZ High Performance Coach 2004-2006
A little about Me:
I've coached since a youngster - started off as a guinea-pig for my Mother as she taught teachers how to teach swimming. Was expected to coach swimming from a teenager.
Tertiary study at Otago Uni and Christchurch Teachers College before more recently polishing off academia with a Masters in Sport Coaching from the Uni of Queensland.
During my tri career I raced as a professional for 10 years and became not only the World Long Distance Triathlon Champion but also the ITU World Cup Series Champion. I spent 7 summers racing from my Paris base throughout the world but mainly in Europe. Wonderful experience!
Having come from a coaching background and trained acaedmia for coaching and teaching it was no surprise that I would have chosen to specialise in swim and tri coaching.
I love coaching and the skills and joy I get to share with my athletes. This is a dream job for someone like me and I'm very blessed to be able to do it full time.
Anna (Nemo) Marshall
You won't meet a happier nicer person than Anna. She fun filled and highly experienced when it comes to watery activities. Her nickname being the appropriate 'Nemo'.
Anna got into coaching waterpolo and surf lifesaving back in the late 1980's and found she really enjoyed the interaction with sports people.
Anna hadn't appreciated until then the impact that good coaches had on sporting success - she then decided that the best way to honour the commitment others had shown in her was to pass on the skills to others.
You'll love Anna's energy and teaching style!
She is a true Nemo, read on -
- NZ waterpolo representative 1988-1995 (competed at 2 world cups and 1 world champs)
- Numerous NZ Masters surf lifesaving and Open Water Swimming medals
- Current record holder for women's Lake Taupo swim (40.2 km)
- Finisher of many Half-Ironman and Ironmans (Taupo 2004 - 2007) & this fish can run marathons also
- Coached waterpolo teams for schools, clubs and region in Christchurch (1987-1998)
- Club Captain and coaching for Taylors Mistake Surf Club, Christchurch (1992-2003)
- Open water swim coaching for Ultimate Tri Hards, Wellington (2007-2011)
- Random swim coaching of friends and their children as I get roped into it