You won't meet a happier nicer person than Anna. She fun filled and highly experienced when it comes to watery activities.
Anna got into coaching waterpolo and surf lifesaving back in the late 1980's and found she really enjoyed the interaction with sports people.
Anna hadn't appreciated until then the impact that good coaches had on sporting success - she then decided that the best way to honour the commitment others had shown in her was to pass on the skills to others.
You'll love Anna's energy and teaching style!
She is a true Nemo, read on -
- NZ waterpolo representative 1988-1995 (competed at 2 world cups and 1 world champs)
- member of NZ waterpolo senior club champs winning team 3 times over - 2 x Christchurch, 1 x Maranui (2003)
- member of Taylors Mistake SLSC world champs team (1998)
- NZ Masters Open water swimming chamion for my age group (2011)
- NZ Ocean swim series champion for my age group (2009)
- numerous NZ Masters surf lifesaving medals
- current record holder for womens Lake Taupo swim (40.2km)
- Half-Ironman finisher (Taupo 2004, 2005; Rotorua 2006, 2007)
- Ironman NZ finisher (2006 and 2007)
- multiple Half marathons (Auckland, Taupo, Great Wall China, Petone, Wellington, Christchurch)
- Marathon finisher Auckland 2005 and 2006; Western Australia 2009
- B.SC and PostGrad Dip.Sci in Botany (Plant ecology) - plants don't talk back though, so I'm thinking this has no relevance to my coaching
- Coaching level 2 course completed
- Coached waterpolo teams for schools, clubs and region in Christchurch (1987-1998)
- Club Captain and coaching for Taylors Mistake Surf Club, Christchurch (1992-2003)
- Open water swim coaching for Ultimate Tri Hards, Wellington (2007-2011)
- Random swim coaching of friends and their children as I get roped into it